Monday, August 13, 2007

WEEK 9!! - THING 23!!!! - Wahoo!

I almost feel a bit giddy with accomplishment over completion of this exciting learning adventure. At the same time, it's a little sad that it's over. But wait! It's not over! I have just begun to BLOG!!

My favorite exercise was blogging, certainly. I think I had dismissed the idea that I would ever have need for a blog, so this was groundbreaking. It was great that the blog became the vehicle for responding to all our "Things," or learning experiences.

One of my lifelong learning goals has been to gain and apply as much tech knowledge as possible. This program was a huge assist. I loved having structure and support on the journey.

It was a bit surprising that everything was so "do-able." Looking at the 23 Things from the bottom up seemed to be rather monumental, but there was really not much frustration along the way.

I really cannot offer any suggestions to improve the program. Bravo to all of you! Yes, indeed, I would happily participate in another similar program.I hope the information will remain on the CSLA website over the course of the year, at least.

My one word for the entire experience would be "empowering." I just feel that this exposure to so many new concepts, resources and skills has given me power to expand what I have been doing and has opened the door to a vast number of new possibilities.

Thank you, CSLA, for a meaningful, quality learning experience!!

3 comments:

Jackie S, 2.0 project manager said...

Congratulations! You have successfully completed the 23 Things of School Library Learning 2.0 -- we are glad you enjoyed the journey and shared your discoveries with us along the way. You are now an official member of the CSLA 2.0 Team, and your blog has been moved over to the "Congratulations- 2.0 Team" list.

School Library Learning 2.0 will remain online and on the CSLA website for the 2007-2008 school year. We encourage you to invite your colleagues to take the course, with you as a cheerleader.

Best wishes. Hope to see you at the CSLA Conference in November.

- JackieS
CSLA 2.0 Team project manager

karen cole said...

Congratulations, Senora N.P., for a job well done!
I enjoyed most of it, didn't you? There were a few rather frustrating times and some very time-consuming explorations, but for the most part it was quite fun. And doesn't it feel great to be finished with all 23 Things before school starts?
I'm sharing my experiences and some of the resources with my staff on Wednesday.
Have a splendid school year.
-- Karen

Heather said...

Yeah!! I am so impressed with all that you are doing to learn new things!!

You also have me very interested in learning about becoming a librarian!! Sounds like something I would really enjoy!!